Friday, January 1, 2016

Log in buttons

I think it is time to standardize the size, shape, color and location of login buttons.  We did it for traffic lights and the shifter pattern (PRNDL) on automobiles.  It is past time to do it on software.

I changed banks and, for the most part, I am happy with them.  Their online bank page could be better designed.

Can you find the login button?  This is what the page looks like for the less visually gifted.

How about now?

If you still have not found it, it is in the upper-right corner and is almost the same shade of orange.  It also lacks any "three dimensionality" that might make it look like a button or something you want to push.
This?  Really.  Is this the best they can do?
How about something that actually looks like a button?

I like this one because it looks like a key on a keyboard.  I know I have to push those to make them work.  I also like GREENGREEN means GO.
Or we can do funny
This is my favorite.
Your business is important to us.  We cannot ignore you until it is your turn.  Thank-you for your patience.

3 comments:

  1. Obviously not made for us dinosaurs... We actually want something that we can SEE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously not made for us dinosaurs... We actually want something that we can SEE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. C: pnc.com/login

    Thanks to Steve Jobs for eliminating stuff like the above for most of us.

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.