Monday, January 4, 2016

A day in pictures

East of the High School baseball fields.  In think it would be cool to have Blueberries planted around the perimeter.
Muskrat houses.  There were also many fox tracks around the cattails.
I am weak on my "Red" oaks.  This keyed out as Black Oak (Quercus velutina).  THIS is a very good on-line reference.  I was walking a rails-to-trails path south of Spring Arbor, Michigan when I collected these.
Seen from the trail.
My dad is very fond of sycamore trees.  This one is a monster by Michigan standards.  You can see the picnic table near its base.  This tree has four stems, each 10 feet in circumference.  It is in a sheltered spot, which may be why it looks so good.  I could only find one seed ball on the ground.  It ended up in my pocket.
My dad likes the visual interest of the bark, among other things.
Things that make you go "Hmmm?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.