Sunday, January 24, 2016

Relationships

Kubota is struggling with relationships.

It is hard when you are 16, unemployed and don't have a car.

I keep telling him to listen to me.  I did GREAT at relationships (Exhibit A:  Mrs ERJ).

They start too young.


Part of my success is that I did not go looking until I was ready.  Perhaps it was all of those Biblical stories of men starting buildings and not having enough resources to put a roof on them.

I had other impediments.  My family was, um, resource starved.  We did have a telephone.  It was wired to the wall.  Next to the kitchen.  A desire for privacy was considered a de facto admission of nefarious intentions.

They start too young (yes, I know I repeated myself)


Kids pair off too early.  They should be focusing on group dynamics.  You can learn a lot about people by just watching.

Dating is about finding a mate.  When the time came, I was not seriously dating for very long before I stubbed my toe on Mrs ERJ.  But what I remember is that 29 year old women are the shining beacon of womanhood.

Something must happen on their 29th birthday.

All of a sudden their list shrank: 
  • Great Car 
  • Six Pack Abs 
  • Skis.  
  • Makes over $100K/year
  • Can order dinner in French 
  • Great hair
  • Has a wine cellar 
  • Fantastic wardrobe (NO polyester).  
  • Condo in a great zip code 
  • Vacations in Europe
  • Loves me
  • Has integrity
  • Works
  • Bathes
  • No substance abuse issues
Somehow I don't think Kubota is ready to hear that girls aren't ready yet, that he will have to wait about 13 years.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, try telling that to his hormones... sigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, try telling that to his hormones... sigh

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.