You may have figured this out by now, but I decided to support Ted Cruz this election cycle.
There are many candidates out there. Most of them could do a credible job of running the country. Truly, there is somebody out there for everybody. I looked them over and decided that Senator Ted Cruz is the one who is most in alignment with my values.
There are a few things I particularly like about him.
- He is cheap. Those yard signs are as rare as hen's teeth, hence you get a picture of one instead of me getting a sign for my yard. A person who is a spendthrift with their own money will surely be even more profligate with the money he pries out of my wallet.
- He has faith in the individual. Most of us don't need to be rescued 24/7. The cult of victimhood is emasculating and it mires the recipients in multi-generational poverty.
- He believes the Second Amendment means what the words plainly state.
- He believes that government should intervene only when all other venues fail. Elegant government is the government that achieves necessary ends with the the least intrusive intervention
- And finally, he is circumspect. He is not a brash, in-your-face, trash-talking divider. He appears to be a gentleman. That counts for something out where I live. Dale Carnegie taught us that we succeed as a team when we can build each other up, and we all fail as individuals when we tear each other down.
But I am willing to tie my tow strap onto heavy metal and give it a darned good try.
And for those who would crack Canadian jokes, I think of Cruz as being the leader of the "Eh?-Team".
He gets my vote, too :-)ReplyDelete
Right now he's the best of a bad lot... But better than the worse lot on the other side... SighReplyDelete
Is Mr. Cruz qualified as a 'natural born citizen'? The man was a Canadian citizen up until a few years ago. http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/2014/06/no-canada-sen-ted-cruz-has-formally-shed-his-dual-citizenship.html/ReplyDelete
A few points:Delete
-I am not qualified to make that determination
-I am not privy to that information
-The Republican party has some responsibility to vet these candidates, I will let them do their job
-Donald Trump was a Democrat until 2009, the Republicans are embracing him.
I can only do my part.
Best regards, and thanks for the comment.