Sunday, June 13, 2021

Short sermons and Clostridium difficile

This priest's homily tickled me. He talked about his grandfather's garden and then compared how growing in the faith is like tending a garden.

I used a link rather than embedding the video because I know how to use a link to get to the precise time. I haven't figured out how to do that with embedding.

It is a short homily at 7-1/2 minutes. He comes from a family of dairy farmers. 

As the old joke goes: The dairy farmer got up in the middle of the priest's homily and started to leave. 

The priest asked "Where are you going?"

"I am going home to milk my cows" the farmer informed him.

"Why didn't you do that before you came to church?" the priest asked him.

"I would have, but they didn't need it then" the farmer said.

Clostridium difficile

Belladonna came in contact with Clostridium difficile on Friday. The person she was caring for was incontinent and she had four episodes of fecal exposure.

C. diff is a sporulating, anaerobic bacteria. It is one tough cookie.

The good news is that C. diff has a hard time elbowing aside a healthy person's normal gut microbiome. It usually moves in after a round of antibiotic treatments has beaten down the competition.

This is a good time to lay in a supply of yogurt and kefir.


2 comments:

  1. When you click on the "embed" function on Youtube, it offer you the option of starting the embedded video at a specific time. See example: https://ibb.co/RcKcY9m

    ReplyDelete
  2. C-diff is nothing to screw around with. My wifes mother died from it. My wifes aunt died from it the following year. When visiting my wifes mother at the hospital we had to gown up, disinfect, and then go in.

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.