Saturday, February 15, 2014

A Thaw is Coming

Next week.

I am looking forward to watching some of this snow disappear.  The predicted high temperatures keeps dropping.  Thursday-through-Sunday all had predicted highs over 40 just a few days ago.

I went out to the vineyard to do some pruning and the snow came within 8" of the top wire in places.  I did not get very much pruning done.  Most of the vineyard is scheduled to be repurposed to pear orchard.  The rootstock was planted last spring and I will graft over them this spring with Shenandoah.  Some of the rootstock did not make it so those spots will be replanted.  I really don't need 11 more pear trees but that appears to be the best use for that spot. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.