Friday, July 14, 2023

The mice will play when the cat is away...

Mrs ERJ and I are a team.

There are some things she does exceptionally well and I am joyful to let her do them.

When a call comes out for succor and aid and it requires getting on an airplane and batting about to distant corners of our great country, I am very happy to let Mrs ERJ do it.

On the other hand, if it requires driving down country roads at 3:00 AM in the morning, I get the nod. "Yeah though I walk through the valley of death and narcolepsy, I fear no evil for God is my rod and my staff and I have a large mug of caffeinated beverage."

So we got a call. Mrs ERJ is enroute, pending flight delays for weather. I will be left to my own devices.

I was left with strict instructions to not step in front of speeding cars nor to attempt to stop bullets nor locomotives.

Nor am I to use a ladder without somebody nearby to call 9-1-1. Ditto for chainsaws.

I already pissed off one of my kids. I was tasked with transporting it to the mechanic and communicating issues. After it was fixed, my dear, loving child asked what was wrong with it.

I texted my child "Jesse replaced the turbo-encabulater and of course he had to also change out the Thorvald thrust plates. Then he had to recalibrate the micro-crenulated encoders."

"Jesse said the bracket for the turbo-encabulater is pretty rusty and thin, so you have to drive it gently or he won't be able to fix it next time."

I suspect my kid showed it to one of his mechanically inclined buddies after he was unable to make sense of the gobbly-gook.

My kid did not appreciate my humor.

With Mrs ERJ not able to keep an eye on me, I have been scheduling field-trips to keep me busy.

9 comments:

  1. To avoid trouble you should just go fishing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure that would be sufficient to keep ERJ out of trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a perfect time to assess the firearms market. Purely for research purposes. Seeing how you've got such a excellent background in analysis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ERJ, all this sort of behavior results in is more extensive lists...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I reckon theres a kid that could use good instruction on how to tie fishing knots. Best way to drown a worm. Proper jigging. When to choose mepps over rapala.
    These are things young men need!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As long as the prefaumulated ammulite baseplate wasn't damaged you should be good to go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fishing for the win

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Turbo Encabulator" the Original
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac7G7xOG2Ag

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nuthin' beats a smooth install of the latest version of turbo-encabulator! Don't forget the inertial impact adjuster just in case things are slightly out of spec.
    OT: the one time per year I have to get up at 3AM for work is tonight. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.