Monday, July 17, 2023

A few memes I could not resist

 



I heard of "Redbone Hounds" but these are the first Rednecks I ever saw.


The .303 Brit was one of the first incarnations of a light, anti-personnel round. It was introduced as a blackpowder cartridge with a 220 grain bullet when everybody else had 400 grain-to-500 grain behemoths. It is almost ironic that the 7.62X51mm NATO is dimensionally close to the .303 Brit but it has straighter teeth (less draft angle to the case).


I saw a woman with a hair-doo that reminded me of the old mines they used to drop into harbors. Same thing but stouter.


Veterans from Gettysburg circa 1913, at Gettysburg.

My first house cost $20k. I sold it six years later for exactly the same price. My house-payments (less taxes and insurance) were $180 a month.


5 comments:

  1. We could build cathedrals like that today - they are trying to in Paris right now.
    But except for that, we aren't willing to make the commitment and put in the time and labor required.
    And I'll be shocked if Notre Dame is ever truly rebuilt...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad bought a three bedroom water front house on Long Island N.Y. for $21,000 in 1964. I don’t know what he sold it for when he retired but after he died the mortgage company wanted to know if we as part of his inheritance wanted to take it back and make payments because the buyer was foreclosed. I have no idea how much we were far away doing other things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My last month paycheck was for 11000 dollars3-4 hours/day./ 95 bucks every hour…..> https://www.pay.salary49.com

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.