Thursday, July 27, 2023

Mrs ERJ et al Back Home

Mrs ERJ, Southern Belle and Quicksilver are back home.

I drove down to Detroit Metro yesterday afternoon.

I connected with I-94 in Jackson at about 3:30 and it was clear that I was following a line of stiff T-storms. There were branches (pulped to toothpicks by traffic) on the road. Checking just now, it looks like Albion which straddles I-94 picked up 2" of rain.

In the airport I noticed what seemed to be a number of women of large stature. The first one I saw I thought "I bet she would be a great track-and-field start or volleyball player." And then it occurred to me that "she" might be a dude. That thought popped into my head every time I saw a woman more than 5'-11". I wonder if we will see a preference for young guys to date shorter women to avoid the possibility of an awkward social interaction.

The trip back was uneventful except for the power outages. It is hard to find a restaurant that is open or a place with a working bathroom when the power is out.

I have not checked my rain-buckets but suspect I will have between 0.5" and 1.0" of rain.

The docket for today was intentionally left open. I will probably get some chicken feed at the elevator. Mrs ERJ might want to stretch her legs and go for a walk or to the gym.

Everybody has their unique ways of displaying stress. Mrs ERJ, SB and QS clearly were run through the wringer over the last few weeks and need to decompress.

3 comments:

  1. The town I live in has a University which has a Wal-Mart nearly adjacent to it. A lot of shoppers there are female athletes there and the majority of 'tall women' are usually students, according to the reading of their shorts and warm ups.

    But yeah, hold that wolf whistle down until target is confirmed. Awkward !! :^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ERJ, travel is just not pleasant anymore. Glad everyone is back safely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My last month paycheck was for 11000 dollars… 3-4 hours/day ./. 95 bucks every hour…..>
    https://www.pay.salary49.com

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.