Thursday, July 6, 2023

Thursday Tomatoes

 

Stupice

Orange Icicle. The horizontal bar is 6' above the ground.

Carmello

The pickling cucumbers are showing tendrils. A volunteer turnip is on the left side of the frame.

I was deflected from my weeding. Somebody requested that I help install a window-AC unit.

Then I got sidetracked budding plum trees.

Last year was a difficult year for grafting. My mobility was severely limited and I was ALMOST prohibited from gardening. I did get two scion of AU Rubrum grafted on a parking-place tree and to my surprise they took. They just BARELY took. I got about 4" of growth and I was sure I was going to lose them to winter-kill.

The AU in AU-Rubrum is from Auburn which is in Southern Alabama, a region of the country not known for bitter cold, except for football teams, of course.

We had a mild winter and the spindly little grafts survived and are growing like gang-busters. So now I am making some insurance-copies.

3 comments:

  1. Things are getting there! Now it's patience and persistence with the weeding to get the best crop you can. Congrats on getting the grafts to take!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've got 3 tomatoes so far. I won't even guess the number of hours that The Mrs. has in them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My last month paycheck was for 11000 dollars… 3-4 hours/day /95 bucks every hour…..> https://www.pay.salary49.com

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.