Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Public Service Announcement

I assume that some of my readers enjoy recycling artifacts made of semi-precious metals and vintage polymers (like they used to make billiard balls from).

Some of the components can be recycled many, many times. Other parts are consumables.

Of the consumables, some can be replaced with home-made parts and a shortage of store-bought is not a game-stopper. A couple of the other consumables, "components" to some people, have no reasonable, home-made substitutes.

I want to point out that those components, the ones with no reasonable, home-made substitutes are in reasonably good supply and the prices are probably not going to get lower.

If you have a few spare dollars, it might behoove you to see if your supply of the little sparky things is in harmony with your supply of propellant and to rectify any glaring imbalances.

11 comments:

  1. You are saying words, but I am not understanding......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read slowly. Out loud if needed.

      Maybe you need a Primer about it?

      Delete
  2. It took me a while but it finally popped. ---ken..

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are still unobtanium in ETN. 100/brick, or 10 cents a click.
    Though to your point, I bought a bunch of bricks when they were 60 per 1000, and I thought THAT was expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Euphemize much? :-)
    I figger I'm too old to last long after SHTF.
    Also, arrows can be made from local materials without a paper trail.
    "Remember, I'm pullin" for ya. We're all in this together".- Red Green, noted philosopher and duct tape handyman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now, arrows/bolts/quarrels can be BOUGHT with no paper trail. At least where I am.

      I still have the sparky things left from before the LAST panic....I had plenty then. I'm rotating 'em and they are stored properly, but still....

      As a rule, when they are less than 50% of the previous peak, it's time to stock up....

      Delete
  5. As someone who retails some of these items, it looks to me like prices have bottomed and any sellers who appear to be lowering prices are either using limited quantity loss leaders or are hiding the price on shipping - some of the shipping rates charged now are outrageous!
    Watch closely at the total price to get items in your hands!
    J

    ReplyDelete
  6. My last month paycheck was for 11000 dollars… 3-4 hours/day ,./95 bucks every hour…..>
    https://www.pay.salary49.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. https://22lrreloader.com/

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.