Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Helping somebody move

I got roped into helping somebody move. Probably because I have a truck and Mrs ERJ has a minivan.

Yesterday morning and today involved carrying furniture out of basements and from the second floor and placing into said vehicles and transporting it to a storage facility.

The roommate of the person we are moving has countless cats, snakes, spiders and other beasts. Scratching posts, pooping-sandboxes and habitats are tucked into every odd corner.

Do you know what you get when you put a rooster in a cage with a Tarantula? Broilers with eight drum-sticks.

Due to work-schedules, the only time-window the movee has is mornings, which is my prime gardening time. Consequently, the weeds will have a five-day head start on me: Two days of rain plus three days while I am playing moving-man.

Yeah, I could go out an pull weeds in the +85F sunshine. Or I could take a nap. Guess which my aching body voted for.

Rain

We got about an inch over the weekend.


5 comments:

  1. Let em grow, chop em up with the hoe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rain seems to be finally catching up a bit. Stubborn brown spots near me are green again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. West of Shitcago, we had a nice soaking rain. Water barrels are full and the grass greened up quickly

    ReplyDelete
  4. 85 would be lovely. 98°-101° here the past week....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Naps are good... Just sayin...

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.