Friday, April 21, 2023

Recovery day, I guess

Alas, I could not sustain the pace.

Tall and gangly, like the girls I remember from 8th grade. They should straighten up in a few days under the lights. The plants are sitting on a polystyrene foam pad to insulate them from the floor.
I did get the tomatoes repotted. I moved them from 6-cell pots that are 2.3" tall to 3-cell pots that are 3" tall. They are now in the basement under a light on timers.

I got the rosemary moved out into the garden.

My sage seeds have not shown any interest in growing. I wonder if I got a bad batch or if they are just slow.

Today is scheduled to be a burning day. I will be hauling junk-wood from the yard to the garden and burning it. I might as well burn it where I want the potassium from the ashes. 

I also plan to "pot" my excess fruit trees in bags to hold them until my nephew has possession of his parcel. Some knife stabs in the bottom of the (dogfood) bag, woodchips, then roots+potting soil. I will top work one tree each with Spigold, Boskoop and Goldrush. I will leave one of the Enterprise as-is and he gets a Liberty/Bud-9

Walking

Mrs ERJ and I went for a walk yesterday. I was carrying my backpack. I need to toughen up for the grandkid. We made it 40 minutes before Mrs ERJ got a phone call demanding her attention.

Change of plans

Southern Belle decided flying back with Quicksilver and Mrs ERJ was the smart thing to do.

I breathed a sigh of relief. Handsome Hombre and I will drive the vehicles back.

There are likely to be other complications. Each of us will be driver, navigator AND communications officer.

8 comments:

  1. Man, I suppose its something a wise man like you already figured out, but 20 dollar cb radios from walmart would be priceless!!
    If you post the route can we hang flags and banners on the overnpasses?
    I bet SB/HH are on the up n up, but the missus uses that Life360 app to track the kids and their driving. Didn't know my minivan could go 94 mph, but by jove the boy got it up there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe handheld radios. They're really useful in a large truckstop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We also have used handheld radios for driving comms. We use them daily around the homestead, since we are usually working at a distance from each other.
    Southern NH

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems like putting the truck in front makes sense. It is visible and is slower. The Malibu can easily keep up with it.

    My preference is to do the trip in 150 mile jumps with stops to stretch legs and trade coffee.

    Handhelds are a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at the bright side, you'll know who to blame.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you both have cell phones a radio is unnecessary . A suggestion from one seasoned gent to another; while you can do the drive in 2 days, take 3. At least walk around the parking lot at each stop. I’m a hypocrite, in march I drove home to midland then back to okeechobee 2 days each way (I bought my son in laws truck) It’s hard on an old body. Come april 30 as I head home with the wife and dog we will take 3 days. When do you plan to make this trip?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Personal radios and the truck leading are correct.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I earn $100 per hour while taking risks and travelling to remote parts of the world. I worked remotely last week while in Rome, Monte Carlo, and eventually Paris. I’m back in the USA this week. t I only perform simple activities from this one excellent website.
    Click Here to See...... Daily Earn Dollars

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.