Thursday, April 20, 2023

Astonishing!!!

I rarely get more than 1/3 the way through my list of things to do in a day.

Yesterday, I came within an eyelash of knocking them all off!

  • Move seedling hazelnuts to the food-hedge (CHECK)
  • Move blackberry plants (Triple Crown) to the food-hedge (CHECK)
  • Move leaf lettuce seedlings to kitchen garden (CHECK)
  • Chainsaw trees beneath power wires (CHECK)
  • Repot tomatoes into larger pots
  • Top-work Novaspy apple trees to Liberty (CHECK)
  • Top-work Tashkent quince to Potomac pear (CHECK)
  • Move catnip to row where herbs will be grown (CHECK)
  • Fertilize onions (CHECK)
  • Mow grass (CHECK)

Once again, I hit the wall at seven hours but I took a short nap and then worked for another two hours after that.

Much iced tea was consumed over the course of the day.

God willing, today will be another productive day.

Bonus image

What marketing directors who graduated from an Ivy League university think 'dirt people' look like. Even I don't wear different color socks or tuck in my tee-shirt. And his shorts are ghey.

5 comments:

  1. Shouldn't there be wheels under that shed with a hitch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m impressed with your work. I’m a few years older, and I figure about 2 productive hours a day, plus some lighter type of work. And pain the next day to work around or accommodate.
    Southern NH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work boss. I miss that activity these days. Hope to rectify that situation within less than a year. Good luck and God speed on your crop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonus image: I think you miss the point where he is confident in his masculinity...and has a broken (or non existent) fashion filter. My fashion filter is my long-suffering (not so silently) wonderful wife.

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.