Saturday, December 18, 2021

In reverse-chronological order...

Yesterday



Bonus points if anybody can guess the town before Tsgt Joe.

The day before yesterday



The wallpaper in the Men's room had cross-sections of RPG-7. HE shaped charges.
It was exceptionally windy on Thursday. This is a picture of my friend's new barn. He is very happy he spent the $3/$1000 for Construction Insurance. Gusts in excess of 60mph are the likely culprits.


The day before the day before yesterday

Rodent damage

An attempt at repairing rodent damage. I will not know if I was successful until June 1st when I wash away the dirt with a hose.

11 comments:

  1. The tank appears to be an M60A3. My favorite tank, and the last one I qualified on in 1987, In some respects, it was a better tank than the early M1, which replaced it. The old A3 had better thermal sights and the ability to conduct degraded gunnery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aargh. Stupid Rodents.

    Precisely zero idea on the location. The construction insurance seems like an amazing bet though

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had good luck protecting my trees by taking the weed-wacker late in the fall and cutting the grass down to the ground in a 2 or 3 ft radius around the trees. ---ken

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice combine, from back when you could raise a family and live off a quarter section of good dirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got one just like it . Been sitting in the barn for 30 years. Wanna buy it? ---ken

      Delete
  5. Frankenmuth, Michigan.
    How many points do i get? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winner, winner chicken dinner.

      You win (3)^(1/3) points

      Delete
    2. Did you go over to Bronners? I haven't been to Frankenmuth since my FIL died.

      Delete
  6. It's been a LONG time since I travelled the Blue Star Highway in SW Michigan, but I'm going to guess that the photos were taken near Holland, MI. Can't remember seeing those in South Haven and having a hard time picturing that in Saugatuck. I spent my teen years in Berrien County.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about all the duplicate comments. Something to do with my browser’s back button. I’m still new at this commenting thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ouch, that barn is FLAT! Not a clue on the town...LOL

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.