Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Differences between men and women...

Mrs ERJ was pulling on her coat to go to the gym to her circuits class.

"Hey, honey, do you have a minute to look at something with me?" I asked.

"What are we going to look at?" she replied.

Frowning, "It will just be faster and simpler to show you" I said as I thought, why does it matter what it is, she either has a minute or she doesn't.

"Just use your words" she replied, arm poised to stab through her sleeve.

"Ok....

Expressed as words rather than a simple, easy to understand diagram like this one

Five minutes later, "Maybe we should just go look at it" Mrs ERJ suggested.

Fifty-eight seconds later, "Yeah. That is a great idea. Wire the wall switch to the power outlet that is kitty-corner from the door and install a ceiling fan THERE" she said, pointing.

"See, using your words wasn't that hard was it?" she said as she sashayed out the door to her class.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I noticed that after I grabbed it. I briefly considered looking for another but then realized it was even funnier (more densely technical looking) in the original Cyrillic.

      Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  2. And let's not forget another classic--

    "But this is exactly what you told me to do".

    "Nooo! That's not what I meant!".

    Words indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, and yes, I've heard the RHT response too... sigh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her parting line suggests that she got no more info from the pointing than from the words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do realise that you have published Classified material by posting that diagram.

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.