Monday, July 5, 2021

Your RDA daily dose of Wire Cutter

Not my work. This is vintage work of "Wire Cutter" aka Kenny Lane circa 2012. I present this as a public service. Please tune in to his site when he returns:

I give up, what are your pronouns?

What you see is what you get

I think the biggest compliment I ever got was when I was riding in my beat up old farm truck with a friend that I worked with. We were just passing the time of day on the way home from work when Tio asked "If you won the lottery, $10 million dollars, what would you do?"

Man, I thought long and hard. Ten million bucks. That's a lot of fucking money, but I ain't lacking much. Hmmmm...... Fuck, that's tough one.

"I don't know man, maybe paint my truck."
He started laughing "That's what I love about you - What you see is what you get. Right up front."

The more I thought about it, I realized what a cool fucking thing he said. What you see is what you get. You know I've always maintained that if everybody else thought like I did the world would be a much better place, but damn, that's the first time I've ever really been able to actually justify that in a twisted sort of wirecutter way.

Of course he might have been thinking too that I was just too fucking stupid to go buy a new truck.

Redneckin' at the Beach

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.