Thursday, September 6, 2018

Eldercare

Mom was glued to the TV watching the Kavanaugh hearings.

I found them...tedious.

Kavanaugh handled himself well.  Several times he answered the progressives attempting to skewer him with an answer like:

"I have to answer that question the same way that Kagan answered the same question; to wit, I cannot judge a case a priori.  

I must judge the case based on the law and based on the case as presented by the opposing party's attorneys.

To give you an answer a priori would muddy the boundaries between the Judiciary and the Legislative branches of government and that would not support the Constitution."
I thought that was very smooth, to give the same answer that was given by THEIR candidate.  An answer they eagerly accepted.

Still they pressed, "Is that a 'Yes' or a 'No'?"

Mrs ERJ and I will be doing eldercare tomorrow and Monday-through-Friday of next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.