Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Cutting Scion wood and Soupy dog kennels

Today was a day of mundane tasks.


 I like cutting scion wood this time of year.  It is solidly dormant and well hydrated.  This is a Sparrow Black Walnut tree that I intend to make more copies of.  I left one vertical and harvested the rest.  This cultivar has really crappy tree form but is super productive.

I expect Mrs ERJ will have some conversations about refrigerator space.  She gives me a few shelves for my stuff and I will use every square inch of it.

Soupy dog kennels


The ground is frozen.  The snow uphill of the dog kennel is melting and feeding into it.  I tossed the "solid" waste, or more accurately the waste that remained solid, out of the kennel.  I ran ditches out of the holes the dogs spent all summer digging.  We will keep the dogs on the lines for a few days until the ice dam along the lower reach of fencing melts.  It should dry out quickly after that happens.

Mrs ERJ bought eight bales of straw to carpet the kennel.  Time is our friend.

1 comment:

  1. Cutting Scion wood and Soupy dog kennels. Today was a day of mundane tasks. I like cutting scion wood this time of year. It is solidly dormant ... ddogkennels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.