Sunday, October 27, 2024

Zeus to the rescue

The ladies of the family informed me that "boogie-men" are a phase that toddlers go through. In this case, Quicksilver's "boogie-men" is a fear of bears.

That fear was put to bed today.

"Zeus is one of God's Guardian angels" we told her. Zeus is our German Shepherd

We called Zeus over and praised his big, sharp teeth. Quicksilver was all ears.

"Bear. Shiny nose?" Quicksilver asked (about 23 times).

"Yes. Zeus will bite him. Bite him lots of times. Chase bear down the driveway" I assured her.

Quicksilver was comical as she would "jab" with her hand and make a biting motion with her hand...fingers and thumbs extended like a dog's teeth. "Bite bear!!!"

"Yes. Many, many times" I repeated.

"Zeus will protect you. He is on Team Xyzabc and he protects us" I reiterated.

I firmly believe that God gave us dogs for that very reason. They are one rank of the phalanx of guardian angels that God arrays around each one of us.

Getting spidered

I am getting a huge number of untraceable hits. It is on the order of 10x my normal traffic and it has been going on for about 10 days.

I must have hit some trip-wires and I am getting spidered.

It is what it is. We live in tumultuous times.

2 comments:

  1. Humans don't destroy dogs. Fortunately dogs are unaware of this fact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We truly do not not deserve dogs.


    Hmm. I denote that this month's views to date are three times what last month's were. Mine seems to have started on 19 October.

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.