Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Optics

Yes, I admit it. I relied on the Electronic Babysitter for part of today. Quicksilver was here for 14 hours and I was watching her for many of them.

I have to wonder about the Democrats excoriating Tom Barrett (running for Michigan's 7th US Representative seat) over his stand against abortion. I get that they don't have a lot of issues they can get traction with but to run those ads on CocoMelon, Ms Rachel and Shaun the Sheep channels?

"Grandpa, why are they saying Tom Barrett is bad?" the little ones might ask.

"Well, dear, it is because Tom Barrett doesn't think people should kill babies."

Like most zealots, the pro-abortion crowd have a real blind-spot when one of their sacred-cows is being discussed.

I recall sitting at a kitchen table with a dad who had adopted a special-needs kid (actually a sibling group of three of them) and that dad was explaining to me why it would have been so much BETTER if "F" had been aborted rather than being allowed to being born...while "F" was sitting at the table. "F" was about 12 at the time. It may come as no surprise, but "F" developed a great many behavior problems.

Unbelievable. And the dad considers himself to be a kind and compassionate and righteous human being.

1 comment:

  1. You're a gentler man than i Joe. I'd have slapped his face

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.