Monday, February 6, 2023

40:54

 

I started at the Old Union Street School community garden. South to Union Street, west to Center Street then south to State Street.

I paused my stopwatch while I waited for a break in traffic to cross.

Then south on Forest Street to MacAurthur Park Drive. No cakes were observed to be sitting out in the rain, so I turned east and followed it into the Church Camp, around the vaguely cross-shaped cafeteria and then back the way I had come.

I had three pauses, two for traffic and one at the 3/4 mark for a quick wardrobe readjustment. Total "pause" time on the order of a minute.

About a half-mile was on snow/slush/ice but that really didn't slow me down that much.

My goal was to run the entire distance and to finish. I clocked 40:54 for my effort.

I am thrilled with the results. By my calculations, it has been 282 days since I got hit by a car. I have the first tick-mark on the chart and I have 83 more days before it has been a year.

Getting below 40 minutes is almost a gimmee. Stretch goal for May 1 is 35 minutes.

7 comments:

  1. Go, Joe. You are truly an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did good. You're a tough guy Joe. Keep it up. --ken

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you know what they say. If you are going to be stupid then you better be tough.

      Delete
    2. I have never heard this before, but am borrowing it. Because more often than not, I am stupid.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your efforts to recover (and maybe even increase) your mobility. When we stop moving, we rust in place and then decline to expiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. [ JOIN US ] I am making a good salary from home 16580-47065/ Doller week , which is amazing under a year ago I was jobless in a horrible economy. f6 I thank God every day I was blessed with these instructions and now it’s my duty to pay it forward and share it with Everyone,
    Here is I started.…………> www.jobsrevenue.com

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.