I installed some 24" drawer slides beneath the door to Sprite's chicken coop. It had been running on dry lumber and was difficult to open and close. I tried greasing the wood but it did not get any better.
After installing the bearing I found that the door, which had been raised about 3/8" of an inch, was hitting a piece of framing. Thirty seconds with a chainsaw fixed the interference and I thought no more about it until Sprite told me that the light in the coop was not working.
I had bumped some wiring while using the chainsaw.
While I was there, I re-aimed the sensor on one of the motion activated lights.
|I bought a reciprocating saw for this job. It is the first one I have ever owned. They used to be $200 but can now be had for $40. The bargain saw worked great.|
|The furnace was short-cycling. I made adjustments to the analog fan control and added this cool-air intake to the plenum. The cool air intakes were in rooms we closed off during the winter.|
|I added a label to the breakers to indicate which one activates the furnace.|
|There is a second switch (and fuse) on the southwest corner of the furnace.|
|I took a walk in the woods after the HVAC work. This is the first specimen of Toxicodendron vernix I have seen out there. It is a beautiful plant but not one you want in your back yard.|
|This view is not from the hunting cabin. There is a solitary house on the far side of the lake. Not all of Michigan is Detroit. You can click the image to embiggen the image.|