Mrs ERJ and I paid a visit to Sprite today. I took my tool box.
The first thing we tackled was the seat adjustment for fore/aft that was frozen up.
I don't know EXACTLY why it was frozen up, but it moves fine now.
Sprite fished out a glove none of us had seen and something came flying out when I muscled it. It flew into the dark recesses of the barn so nobody knows what it was. If I had to guess, I would guess it was a cable tie that the Captain had threaded through both the seat and the track to hold up a cable bundle.
Sprite was very happy to have the seat in the full-forward position. It was probably a good three or four inches farther forward.
We looked at adding a shim to the sensor's target. We validated by having Sprite put the tractor in gear in dead-slow and easing up, out of the seat. The tractor did not switch off. Even a 1/4" of shim was too much.
So we removed the shim and Sprite will see how it works with her center-of-gravity 4" further back in the seat. It may make all the difference in the world.
Hopefully that works!ReplyDelete