Thursday, July 18, 2013

Body work continued (some pictures today)

First coat filler before sanding.  Filler was a bit runny.  Hood propped open with the piece of 2 by 4 used to block hood and drift striker. 
Second coat of filler added after first coat was sanded.  This is where making 600 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches a year pays off.  I used more hardener so the second coat is darker.  Bad move on my part.  It set too quickly between the additional hardener and the 90 degree weather.
A close up of the second coat of filler.  This is in the critical area at the nose.  I had a bulge on the left side of this picture that I should have beaten down.  Now I have to build up to make it smooth.
After sanding.  As you can see, I removed most of the second coat that I put on.  I also went too deep on the right side where I transitioned back to metal.
After spraying with gray auto primer.

1 comment:

  1. It takes an artist to do that. You have several compound curves on the nose of that hood and it's a lot of work to get them right. I spent my formative years pushing a broom in a body shop and picked up a few tricks along the way. I still hate the smell of Bondo.


Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.