Saturday, October 26, 2019

Warranty work on the barn wiring and HVAC work at the hunting cabin


I installed some 24" drawer slides beneath the door to Sprite's chicken coop. It had been running on dry lumber and was difficult to open and close. I tried greasing the wood but it did not get any better.


After installing the bearing I found that the door, which had been raised about 3/8" of an inch, was hitting a piece of framing. Thirty seconds with a chainsaw fixed the interference and I thought no more about it until Sprite told me that the light in the coop was not working.

I had bumped some wiring while using the chainsaw.

While I was there, I re-aimed the sensor on one of the motion activated lights.

I bought a reciprocating saw for this job. It is the first one I have ever owned. They used to be $200 but can now be had for $40. The bargain saw worked great.
The furnace was short-cycling. I made adjustments to the analog fan control and added this cool-air intake to the plenum. The cool air intakes were in rooms we closed off during the winter.
I added a label to the breakers to indicate which one activates the furnace.
There is a second switch (and fuse) on the southwest corner of the furnace.
I took a walk in the woods after the HVAC work. This is the first specimen of Toxicodendron vernix I have seen out there. It is a beautiful plant but not one you want in your back yard.
This view is not from the hunting cabin. There is a solitary house on the far side of the lake. Not all of Michigan is Detroit. You can click the image to embiggen the image.



1 comment: