Monday, May 7, 2018

Sunday's post


Software updates tied up our computer all day Sunday.  I was not able to pry the machine I own, the one I am paying for, from their soulless fangs.

Asian pears are in full bloom.  Belladonna has an impolite name for the ornamental ones planted on Grand Valley's campus because P. calleryana flowers stink.

Juneberry, Amelanchier is in full bloom

Dandelions are in full bloom.

Japanese and myrobalan plums are in full bloom.  The branch on right side of frame is from Malus x robusta one of the earliest blooming crabapples.  It is in "balloon" stage

Pink flowered plums on left are primarily P. myrobalan while plum on right is P. americana.
I am saddened to report that one of the packages of bees I purchased left the hive.  No clue where it went.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.