Friday, May 4, 2018

Pill caddies




Photo taken through my eyes at 7:00 in the morning.

We had another near miss on meds.  I pulled the meds out of the pill caddy, put them into a cup and gave them to my mom.

She looked at them and said, "I think these are my night meds."  A quick check proved she was right.


Time to do something about it.

Green stickers were added to the PM med drop cubbies.
The night time med drop has less of an issue than the morning drop.  For one thing, the morning meds are gone.

We needed something very visual to make us stop and go "Hmmm!".

The local drugstore did not have more visual pill caddies but they did have round stickers.

If I were the manufacturer, I would consider labeling the PM cubbies in relief to make it visually much different from the AM cubbies.  It would not even require a different kind of ink.

2 comments:

  1. Joe you might look into whether your pharmacy offers packing up the daily am / pm meds into daily plastic pouches for you. Some do, some don't.

    The problem with meds is, even if you are rigorous with getting the boxes loaded on a weekly basis, they still have to be taken on schedule. Older people get forgetful a lot, and also get distracted, a lot. Plus, if they feel like they're being over-managed, they get cranky. I think there's money to be made with an automated pill dispenser, if you could figure out how to do it diplomatically. Somebody ought to add this feature to 'Alexa' and similar. Except that's super creepy, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "If I were the manufacturer, I would consider labeling the PM cubbies in relief to make it visually much different from the AM cubbies. It would not even require a different kind of ink."

    Make the AM circle a yellow sun (with circumferential rays) and the PM circle a white crescent moon, my suggestion.

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.