Saturday, March 12, 2022

Room, progress-to-date


The photos have a great deal of color-shift. Mrs ERJ chose a very, pale peach for the walls.

Not my best work but certainly not my worst.

Next comes the door, new outlets and trim-plates for the electrical outlets. Then the ceiling fan.

After that, Mrs ERJ can decorate to her heart's content and I can go fishing.

I will not be surprised if this shows up on one of the walls to jazze it up and add a little color.

Some people are naturally craftsmen. They enjoy work where they have to account for the thickness of the kerf. I am not one of those people.

9 comments:

  1. Speaking as someone who has had to do similar jobs throughout my life, you have done a very good job and should be proud of it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you for the kind words. If Mrs ERJ is happy, then I am happy.

      I have a sneaking suspicion that I will not be fishing any time soon. There is such a thing as making the customer TOO happy.

      Delete
  2. Good thing the pool table is covered

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job, Joe. I used that same wainscot in two rooms in our house. Goes up nicely and looks great. ---ken

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like darn good work for a guy who proclaims a lack of craftsmanship!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm curious - is there a particular reason you elected to hang the drywall sheets vertically instead of the more usual horizontal placement with the sheet ends staggered?

    Horizontal is more forgiving for hiding seams and joints.

    I'm not criticizing, it looks good, but since you don't do things randomly or unplanned I figure you had a specific reason.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vertical means you have less finishing. Just the vertical joints and the top corner where it meets the ceiling. If horizontally, then you also have the butt joints as well as the edges. The reason for horizontal drywall staggered, is to help straighten out any bowed framing.

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.