Friday, June 5, 2015

I would like to think it was momentum

I picked up Southern Belle (my oldest daughter) at Detroit Metro Airport this afternoon.

I think she was excited to get home.  She said she had not slept well the night before and that the three hour flight was the longest three hours of her life.  She was definitely looking forward to a nap when she got to our home.

Coming up the drive, she perked up.  "Whatsamatter, daddy?  Did the lawnmower break down?" 

The next question was, "Where is the weed whacker?"

She changed out of her travel Crocs into work shoes and spent the next two hours cutting grass.

Workers


She has always been a worker but this eclipsed any expectation.

I asked Mrs ERJ "What happened?"

Women are amused by their men....OK, sometimes they are amused by their men..

"She is an adult." was her reply.

I kind of wanted to think I had something to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.