Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Watches

I asked one of Kubota's buddies if any of the kids in High School wore watches.  He was more than happy to bring me up-to-date on the Eaton Rapids fashion scene.

$300

"Only" $170

The "cool" kids are wearing Nike Sports ($170) watches and Nike Fuelband ($300).  I was sorry I asked.

Eaton Rapids is a town of carpenters and factory workers, electricians, dry-wallers, FedEx delivery guys, cops and firefighters.  Where are these kids getting the scratch to buy $300 watches?

Getting real


I showed Kubota a portfolio of watches that I considered "reasonable" kid watches.  Kubota admitted he has a preference for digital watches.  Good "kid" watches are easy to read, no gimmicks, abuse resistant, less than $35.  Oh, and they will not look dated in five years.









Unfortunately, the kid is brain washed.  It is nothing if it does not have "The Swoosh".

Oh well, it saved me $35...but now I have the hots for a new watch.

2 comments:

  1. LOL, my watch is 31 years old... And it still works... And NO batteries! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog, I will keep visiting this blog very often.
    large watches

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.