Friday, June 8, 2018

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea máxima culpa.


This image was posted on an earlier essay.

"You know," Mrs ERJ said looking up from her mending "that you did not tell your readers the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth."

Yeah, that had been bothering me.

The typical blog last for four weeks and has four posts.  Period.

One reason that this blog has lasted longer than that is that I tell you about my mistakes and the efforts that are dry holes.  I would have run out of things to write about in four weeks if all I told you about was my successes.


Mrs ERJ and I had a "taste-off" where we taste-tested melons.  The $2.50 melons did not win the taste-off.  In fact, I mislead you.

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea máxima culpa. Through my fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault.

The winning melon cost $3.99 and was a Charentals melon.  That is the melon I collected the seeds from.




I beg your forgiveness.

2 comments:

  1. Well, forgiven of course, and our regards to the Missus for keeping you on the Straight & Narrow.

    In the interest of science, why not plant seeds from all of the test melons? Ya never know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things happen. Owning up is good! :-D

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.