|Sometimes our best efforts are not enough and we look silly. So what?|
Reprinted with permission.
Rules to live by:
Here is a list of personal rules Faldo thought he would share. They will help you in poker - but also make for a much happier existence away from the felt also.
- Forget about the bad luck. Shit happens. Play the next hand (round, day, night, date, meeting, project, interview, game, etc).
- It is not how often you fail, it's how often you try.
- It's important to do what you say you will do.
- Personal integrity is the highest ethical imperative. Personal loyalty is a close second.
- There are two types of problems: Those you can do something about and those you cannot. Of the ones you can do something about - there are two of those: those worth doing something about and those that are not worth it. Of those worth doing something about - there are two of those: those that you WILL do something about and those you will not. Save all your time and effort on those you CAN and WILL do something about. [See how much less stress you have already!]
- All things being equal - make every decision in your life so that it will give you more options than fewer.
- You can live to be 100 or get killed by illegal alien or a Muslim today. The age thing is unlikely, and the outs for death by a Muslim are rising daily. Still, plan for the long term. Plan for survival long term. James Dean said it best - "Dream like you will live forever, live like you will die tomorrow."
- Always have a plan B...and a plan C...and a plan D......................and a plan Z!
- You rarely regret what you did as much as you will regret what you didn't do. So when it doubt - DO IT!
- You are responsible for all the consequences of your actions - even the unforeseen ones.
- You are only responsible for the consequences of your actions - and not the actions of anyone else.
- Nobody can make you feel angry, sad, hurt, happy or anything else. How you feel is up to you.