Thursday, December 31, 2015

Christmas Gifts


I have wonderful dogs.  Each of the three dogs bought me one hundred, 124 grain, 9mm, Speer Gold Dot Hollow Point bullets for reloading.  Smart dogs!  I think the German Shepherd Dogs feel a special affinity for the 9mm Parabellum.  GSD also stands for Get Stuff Done!  (Mrs ERJ told me that they bought them from Wideners...she let them use her credit card)

I found several hundred pieces of F-C brass and got busy.  Except for the brass (Both brands weighed 58-60 grains) I used the recipe from HERE.  Safe in mine.  You are on your own in yours, I accept no responsibility.  I ran several rounds through the test gun to check for good feeding.  5.1 grains of Unique gave me a pretty, 8" diameter muzzle flash in low light when fired out of a 4 inch barrel.  Just something to keep in mind.

One of the things about being retired is that the check shows up on the first of the month.  Projects near the end of the month require economizing.  The cartridge carrier on the right comfortably holds between 150 and 170 loaded rounds of 9mm and is free.  The one on the left is prettier and is better for storing fired cases for re-use.  They both have a  place in the scheme of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.