Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Walks with Quicksilver

Image snipped a couple of days ago
Quicksilver and I went on a 2 mile walk yesterday and we knocked out a three-mile walk this morning. 

Both Zeus and I carry a backpack. Zeus's backpack contains snacks, water, a diaper, wipes and a bag to hold dirty diapers should the need arise. My backpack holds Quicksilver who is 25.5 pounds of rompin', stompin' cow-girl.

Quicksilver is predictable. She is ready for first-snack after a half-mile. Then she will start swatting my shoulder when she wants another. The feedbag is currently filled with frosted, mini shredded-wheat and she gets two of them each time she slugs me.

She wants a drink of water at 1.5 miles.

Three-miles is the standard, ERJ approved walk and I have little ambition to make it longer.

Rain predicted for tomorrow so we will need some other bonding experience.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank-you, sir.

      I am much more energized when I am outside.

      Delete
  2. Can she gather black walnuts yet?
    Send her home with stained hands.

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.