Monday, September 7, 2015

Labor Day

The ERJ "Barbie".  Low tech and cheap.  A steel wheel from Danny Hector.  A couple of cinder blocks and a grill.

This little guy (upper left corner of photo, in middle of leaf) was kept an eye on me from the persimmon tree next to the driveway.  Persimmons are not native to Michigan but they seem to do just fine.
We had a storm cell sweeping in so I hurried things a bit too much.  The fire was a blast furnace even  with the draft control.  Normally I would have let it burn down more, and I would not have had the breeze kicking up with the oncoming storm.  The blocks are angled to take advantage of our prevailing SW breezes.

I need a better system for holding up the grille.  A job for later.
I hope you all had a Labor Day weekend that regenerated you.

1 comment:

  1. What a great set up! May you and your family enjoy what remains of this day.

    Brigid

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.