Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Feeding Wildlife

Anybody who gardens feeds wildlife.  I am doing my fair share.

Diablo Brussel Sprouts knocked over by deer and browsed.

Same plants, staked up.  Red arrows show stakes.  This is my first year growing Brussel Sprouts.  I topped out half of them (every other one) yesterday and will top out the other half on Oct 1.
Raccoon damage to corn.
I pulled a few ears early to ensure I had some seed for next year.  The ear in the foreground is an honest 13 inches long.  I think this shot would make a pretty wallpaper for my computer.
Feeding wildlife is part of the game.  I would get a lot more serious about controlling them if I really counted on my garden to feed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.