Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Words I did NOT want to hear

"Joe.  Everything in the freezer downstairs is room temperature."

Little joy in Muddville right now.  Fortunately, we did not have huge amounts of expensive foods (meat) in the freezer.  The food had been thawed long enough for the frozen bread dough to expand out of the package.  The dried stuff we had in the freezer to prolong shelf life (some meds, small seeds and such) are OK.  Everything else is lost.

I don't know if it is fixable.  I guess I will be using my Google-fu to see if anybody repairs appliances in the Lansing, Michigan area.

GGSP



2 comments:

  1. Oy, that sucks. Good luck with the repair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happened to me last spring, except I did have huge amounts of meat in the freezer (an entire pig! plus berries and veggies) and we did catch it before things got to room temp (helped that the freezer is outside and it was still cool weather). But the fact that it was full necessitated an emergency freezer purchase. Luckily I found one on Craigslist for not too much $$. I feel your pain...I hope you can get it repaired easily and inexpensively.

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.