Monday, December 15, 2014

Old news, knock-out game

---I belatedly looked at the publication date.  This article was first published in November 2013.  But the information is still pertinent, so I intend to leave it.---

In the local news, a man waiting at the bus stop for his six year old daughter in Lansing, Michigan was targeted for "the knock-out game."

Fear not, he had a concealed weapon permit, was carrying and demonstrated good situational awareness.

I saw the van circle twice and the second time three came out. I didn’t suspect anything. I hadn’t any enemies, or any reason to believe they would be looking to do anything to me,” the “victim” told local news station WILX. “He shoved something into my side. I wasn’t sure what it was. It had some force to it. I wasn’t sure if it was a knife or a gun.
And from the attacker:

He says he used to play it because he was usually dared, while high and with a bad group of friends.

Weaver said they liked to target crowds because it would be easier for them to get away. It could be played during the day or night, and it didn't matter who the victim was, man or woman, old or young; anyone could be a potential target.

The intended victim extracted his weapon and shot twice.  The attacker survived and was sentenced to one year in prison.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.