Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Empty nester update

That did not last long.

Quicksilver and Handsome Hombre are back at Casa ERJ. One of the dogs took exception to Quicksilver being anywhere in the house. Southern Belle exercised discretion and removed Quicksilver.

A commitment is a commitment. Southern Belle will continue to house-sit and care for the animals but without HH and QS. SB will probably join us for our evening meals.

Fruit thinning

I left too much fruit on my trees and now I have issues with branches breaking. Harrow Delight pear is the worst offender, so far.

Another flight of lettuce for the greenhouse

Lettuce seedlings planted August 4 in the farthest tray and seeds planted August 14 in the closer one. I also planted some Mizuna seeds to make life interesting

Green onion seedlings

New phone

I have a new phone but failed to transfer my old number after Tracfone kept sending me to a southeast Asian call center where I was cut-off.

I dislike change. I got a flip-phone but it is far more complicated than the simple device I started with.

I am grumpy tonight due to the phone issues. It will take me a while to sort through the settings to streamline the operation.

4 comments:

  1. I have been using trac-phone for many years, and I really don't like my latest flip phone. Not user friendly at all. Wish I could have one like my first Nokia, it was soooo simple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay away from visible.com.
      Zero, as in, none, nothing, nada, zilch, customer service. You have an idiotic circular chatbot, and thats it.

      Delete
  2. I've used Tracfone for many years. I have a flip phone. I don't like that it is an Android phone, but I had to get one that would do 4G when 3G service was discontinued. Their customer service has always been ridiculously bad. The only reason that I am still with them is because it only costs $32 every three months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too had Straight Talk, a Tracfone company. I also had to change numbers , I'm trying ATT and so far not impressed with them.


    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.