Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Day three of getting ready for the reunion

I did not exactly bound out of bed this morning...or should it be "...this moanin'"?

No rest for the wicked.

I made a couple of trips to town yesterday. Every trip takes an hour even if it is for the most trivial of reasons.

One trip was to get a tire repaired for the lawn tractor that Handsome Hombre rescued from the scrap pile. I also swung through the farm-supply store to get an hitch for HH's trailer. The dog that engaged the ball had separated on the old one.

The other trip was to get a gallon of milk and a screw to hold the stone-shield on the weed-whacker (string trimmer in some places).

I am not quite as dumb as I look. I scheduled the trips to town for when I needed a break. 

Richard Tease says there is now a 60% chance of thunder-storms on Sunday. We will see.

Funeral services for my east-coast cousin will probably be in the middle of next week. That makes my going a scheduling possibility.


4 comments:

  1. Weed Whacker here in Philly. But maybe it should be Wheed Whacker?
    Sadly, not much in the way of farm supply places near us.

    Observation. Modern pressure treated wood doesn't seem to last as long as the older stuff.
    We had to redo the planks on the ramp to Shed #2 and the older ramp on Shed #1 has been flipped once, and is fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ERJ, one of the items of The Ranch is the fact it is 20 minutes to "town" - so like you, any trip is roughly an hour. It takes some planning and forethought, something I can let slide in New Home where everything I need is about 15 minutes away at most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The string trimmer was perfected by a Dutchman, Dieter DeJong, in the early 1960's. He named the device in honor of his just born first son. To this day, many people call them "wee Dieters".

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Weed Whacker" is, or used to be, a Craftsman/ Sears trademark. I have no idea what the current status is...

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.