Friday, August 9, 2019
That was some ugly brass
I used mil-pulldown brass that was already primed. It was a bargain.
I had about four percent "fall-out" when I chamfered the mouths. Most of them were dented. A few were cracked. Some were just butt-ugly.
I have no problems sharing my pet loads on the internet. I used appropriate projectiles and a suitable amount of propellant (7% less than load handbook max) known to work well in this application.
The OAL was a little shorter than usual as I crimped to the cannelure. I generally run at max OAL but the projectiles felt a little bit loose in the mouths so I wanted the insurance of crimping.