Friday, May 17, 2019

Weekend jaunt

Mrs ERJ and I have a weekend excursion planned.

We are heading up to Ludington, Michigan to spend the weekend with family.

NO KIDS.

At least, none of our kids.

Mrs ERJ frames it as a practice run for our trip to Texas.

One major difference is that we are flying to Texas.

I haven't been on a plane since 2007.

It will be a novel feeling to be awake, wearing a pair of pants and to not be carrying a pocket knife.

Regarding Ludington
Having kids can pull you away from your family. The day revolves around keeping the little blighters alive.

Our youngest is twenty. He will watch the dogs. Hopefully he will not burn down the house while we are gone.

I woke up this morning to the smell of scorched bacon and Fruit Loops cereal. Not a good sign.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your visit! Say hello to the Lake for me. I grew up on its shoreline down in Berrien County. This is the first time in my life living away from either Lake Michigan or the ocean (with the exception of the time spent serving Uncle Sam). I miss the big water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wave as you drive through Muskegon county. I will see you and wave back! Have fun in Ludington. Getting away from the kids once in a while is good for all of you!

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.