Sunday, August 13, 2023

A Sunday thought

 "...in response to a personal crisis, my own orthodox priest in Louisiana had assigned me a strict daily prayer rule, praying the Jesus Prayer ("Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner") for about an hour each day."   -Rod Dreher in The Benedict Option
Dreyher's premise is that modern society removed God from our midst by elevating "Self" into His place.

It seems odd at first, that the person praying the Jesus Prayer identifies themself as an anonymous sinner. Upon reflection, that is necessary. We are not peers:God is ALL and I AM. I am a worm with self-awareness and a soul.

It takes a lot of psychic energy to maintain a fiction of pretending to be that which we are not. The depletion of energy leads to many pathologies.

4 comments:

  1. I’m nothing but a Sinner saved by Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesus Christ is God. The only God. Woody

    ReplyDelete
  4. They give me $85 an hour to finish work on an Apple laptop. I certainly didn’t think it was possible, but my trusted friend made $26,000 in just four weeks working on this simple opportunity rt and she influenced me to give it a try.
    Discover more instructions by visiting the following link…… Google USD Work Home

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.