Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Red Squirrel trapping update

If you look closely you will notice that the kill bar caught the squirrel behind the skull. I doubt the squirrel would have entered as deeply into the trap if it had not been for the cage and the picket fence of nails.
Got one!

I caught three chipmunks at this location before I caught a red squirrel.

The sharpened finishing nail clearly penetrated and held him/her.

A passing chipmunk volunteered for the photo op so I could show the size differences between the two species.

The red squirrel is clearly twice as heavy as the chipmunk and is bigger in every way. Bigger skull. Longer neck. Bigger hind legs. Bigger front legs.

And for the record:
I ran 2.5 miles on Monday and the same today. It is getting easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.