Friday, August 23, 2013

A trek to Roma Bakery

I love Roma Bakery.

I have found it an ever-increasing challenge to keep my 14 year old boy physically active.  I cannot know what is going on in his head, but I think that he is finding it difficult to walk 3 miles.  Plus, he is at an age where he is hyper sensitive to what others might think of him.

Today's plan was to drive to Lansing, park at Crego Park and walk to Roma Bakery on the Lansing River Trail and back.

It almost worked.  Honest, I thought it was only about a mile from Aurelius Road to Roma Bakery.  In fact it was over 2.5 miles.  I had a grumpy boy on my hands.

Here was the pay off.
I asked if I could take photos.  I was told I could photograph everything EXCEPT the wedding cakes.

Deli meats, sliced on the spot for sandwiches

Hallelujah Cheeses!
 They also have pasta salads, pizza, spinach pie.
Deserts.  Beautiful deserts.

Tarts and Tulips.  One of them is on a cheesecake bed.

Canollis, baklava, cookies.......

I love Roma Bakery!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.