Saturday, April 9, 2022

Wrenching

 

I cannot claim to be a good "wrench". But I am stubborn.

I got the brake position sensor off. It needed a 7mm wrench. I did not have a 7mm socket but I had a 7mm box-end wrench. My hand was cramped by the time I got it off.

The new brake position sensor has defied all efforts to install it one-handed.

That means that I need to remove the driver's side seat so I can orient (stick my feet up in the air, shoulders on the floor-board and hands up under the dash) and work on it two handed.

To Do Lists

I did not knock off many items from my To Do list today.

I did buy a fishing license. I am looking forward to going fishing with Shotgun on Wednesday. We will probably target suckers somewhere on the Grand or Thornapple rivers.

I disassembled the back of the cap on my pick-up so I could access the tail-lamp and replace the bulb.

Which necessitated another trip to town for bolts to reassemble it because I had to use a grinder to remove the one on the left. Oh, and I got some dielectric grease because the failure mode was water in the lowest turn bulb corroding the connection.

I got that all put together but am strongly considering removing the cap. I am just not a cap guy. Maybe Sprite will allow me to use the front-end loader on the tractor to lift that puppy off. That cap is incredibly heavy.

The only other thing I knocked off the To Do list was to move a pecan tree. 

Bonus picture

Violets and Snow. Eaton Rapids, Michigan April 9, 2022

4 comments:

  1. What were the symptoms that resulted in the need to change the position sensor?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The brake-lights do not illuminate when I press on the brakes. The fuse is good. I have connectivity because running lights and turn lights work.

      Before I tore into it, it looked like a cheap and easy part to replace that MIGHT be the cause of the problem. Of course after I pulled out the old part I was committed.

      Delete
  2. It's so clean up under there. What's up with that? My rigs never look like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never rolled this one. 8-).

      All the dirt and junk is still behind the seats

      Delete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.