Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Wednesdays are for fishing!

This was our first Wednesday evening fishing.

I was using nightcrawlers and caught three bluegills and one yellow perch. I was surprised that I caught two of them on the #2 hook and two on the #12 dropper. If I were hungry I would have kept them all but since I have plenty of food, I gave each fish a kiss and a dollar bill and asked them to tell all of their friends what great guy I am.

Shotgun got skunked. He took the ribbing with good humor. He knows that the shoe will be on the other foot and he will return it with compound interest.

The swallows (birds) were abundant. We saw five swans (species unknown) as well as a goodly number of other waterfowl.

5 comments:

  1. There with you in spirit, Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, some days you win, others... sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yellow perch is the best eating fish there is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That pretty much echos what Shotgun said. Let me add FRESH perch. The fish served in restaurants is a pale shadow of what freshly caught and prepared perch can be.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like fun was had by all. I haven't been fishing in a coon's age - I should change that.

    ReplyDelete

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.