We have a feral cat in the area. This is what he looks like. I don't know if he has mange around his mouth or if he just had breakfast.
Work-ticket report
My volunteer actually showed up. He picked four boxes of apples. I paid him a tiny sum to make up for the fact that he was battling wasps, bald-faced hornets and yellow-jackets the entire time.
No, he did not get stung. I suggested that he not wrap his hand around the apple when picking them but to grip the silhouette with his finger-tips, touching the apple only where he could see. We are usually stung by the wasps we did not see.
I also told him to not reach out for apples. It is time to move the ladder when you find yourself stretching to get the last few apples. The apple that makes us fall out of the tree is the one we can ALMOST reach.
On my side of the work-tickets, I bought 12 more T-posts and carried them from the road to the satellite orchards, I finished framing in the deer-blind on the south side, I mowed for an hour on a riding mower and I pushed a mower for another hour. Not exactly what was on the work-ticket list, but close.
Lifting
Yesterday was supposed to be a lifting day but the grass was dry and needed cutting. The apples needed picking and I had a volunteer. I was moping around about missing the lifting-day when Mrs ERJ reminded me that the gym was closed yesterday, anyway.
Today is supposed to be a running day. Yippie (in sarcastic font).
I intend to go on another news-fast
Passive infanticide of baby girls is common in India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and China. The culture of those countries place a very high premium on boys; the first three because "Dowry" is a crippling expense for aging parents and the last because of the desire to continue the family name.
Canada has seen a huge influx of immigrants from all four countries. I have to wonder if their lenient penalties are a concession to "diversity" even though it comes at a very high price to women.



It's a political landmine and fraught with arguments on all sides... but at the end of the day, ever time, I come to the conclusion we must repeal the 19th, if we are to have any hope to survive as anything even close to what our society used to be. The math is obvious to anyone with eyes, look at the last 50-years. Those that refuse to admit it, are either complicit, or... I dunno what to say, without insulting their intelligence.
ReplyDeleteI am a woman and I agree.
DeleteBrenda
My wife also thinks no woman should be president or a national leader.
DeleteThe right to vote originally was quite constrained. I don't want to repeal the 19th amendment, but do believe that we should be restricting voting rights. What say you to voters only being those who have paid taxes? Call it skin in the game. Man or woman, only if they have put money in do they get to vote.
ReplyDeleteAs far as women in public office go, keep them. Our current crop may be a bit... lacking, but that can be said for too many of the men in public office as well. I would prefer someone like Margaret Thatcher over most of the presidents we have suffered with in my lifetime.
Taxation is theft.
DeleteOne of my criteria for how I prune my apple trees is a consideration of how far off the ground I am willing to reach for an apple.
ReplyDelete