Wednesday, September 23, 2026

A happy red-neck, miracles

You know you are a red-neck when you get dressed up fancy to pick up compost at the landscape supply depot.

I put on my newest pair of jeans. A clean, high-viz yellow shirt. My cleanest high-vis baseball cap.

A big shout-out to Shane (at the desk) and Austin (running the front-end loader) at Hammond Farms in Grand Ledge. 

And then a miracle occurred

The issue that caused my life to get complicated unexpectedly resolved over-night.

Monday night, the patient went to bed with the pain that had been incapacitating them for four-maybe-five days. They woke up without the pain this morning. The patient attributes the impressive turn-around to prayer.

My schedule will in shambles for the next few days because I cleared-the-decks in anticipation of sailing through heavy winds.

The other scheduling thing that happened is that the team for the 5k never solidified, so I will not be running a formal 5k in early October. 

The Democratic candidate for Michigan's 7th Congressional seat

The Daily Mail, a British newspaper, has no problem pointing out that the Democratic candidate is a legally involved person. He plea-bargained to a felony.

Progressives will be very quick to accuse me of being a hypocrite. They will point out that Trump had been convicted multiple felonies. There are differences.

William Lawrence chained himself to a bulldozer that was creating/maintaining oil distribution infrastructure.  His goal was to make oil more expensive so people will use less of it. Hurting the "little people" of Michigan, Ohio and southern Ontario was his goal.

The felonies that a partisan court convicted Trump of involved quibbles about property valuation. If differences in opinion on property values are de facto felonies, then every tax assessor (i.e. property taxes) in the United States is a potential felon. 

Another factor is that the pipeline he was sabotaging delivered western Canadian oil to eastern Canada. It is Canadian oil. Sabotaging the pipeline is an international incident. 

The local media that screams when Trump makes mean-tweets about Canada is very uninterested in sharing the fact that the Democratic candidate attempted, through physical actions, to stop the supply of heating oil, gasoline and propane to Ontario, Canada.

Orchard and garden notes

Time to pick the Melrose apples. 

I inspected the new peach trees and a few of them set flower buds for the 2027 season. The peach trees were a gift from a friend out-west. The picture shown above is what they looked like in March of 2025 before I planted them. The chunk of firewood they are leaning against is about 9" in diameter.

It is dry enough to start digging potatoes again.

Smoke alarms

I keep hearing a smoke alarm going off with the low-battery chirp. Danged if I can find it.

I will keep looking. Maybe Quicksilver's younger ears can find it when she shows up. 

Boosting the signal


 I saw this on Midwest Chick's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers who are willing to comment make this a better blog. Civil dialog is a valuable thing.